Odd and Even numbers are introduced using Cards and counters method.
Age group – ( 3.5 to 5 years) For detailed explanation, check the following link:
1. Marbles – 55 pieces
2. Square cards – 10
How to play?
1. Write a number in each square card. ( 1 to 10)
2. Arrange the cards horizontally on the floor with space in between them.
3. Ask the child to arrange the marble in a way there is two in each row.
4. A marble without a pair sits in between the last two marbles. (as shown in the picture)
5. Now what? To find odd or even.. ask the child about the arrangement. Explain them that a set of marbles are arranged in pairs and others have one left without pair.
6. The marbles with the one last without pair blocks the pathway in between the rows. They are the odd ones.
7. The rest of the numbers where the marbles are unblocked are the even numbers.
8. Done! Blocked – Odd, Unblocked – Even.
Continue this with working in paper. Draw circles in the place of marbles.