Story book making – Helps in the following ways.
1. It helps to improve their ability to read.
2. Learning different stories with morals.
3. Progress to activities on comprehension.
4. Allows them to create their own story book by coloring and pasting.
5. Keeps their tiny hands busy in a creative way.
1. Stories. Short stories from the web.
2. Relevant pictures with line drawing.
3. Thick A4 sheets. (200 gsm and above)
4. Glue stick
5. Colour pencils or crayons or pastels or water colours.
To make the story book:
1. Align the story and the picture in a word document. (page layout – landscape, margins 0.5″, Table with 1 row and 2 column.
2. Make a cover page, just with the heading, author name, and a picture relevant to the story.
3. Print out the story in a A4 white /colour sheet (80gsm) and cut out in the margins.
4. Allow the tiny hands to play over the line drawings, using crayons, pastels or paint.
5. Fold the A4 sheet into half and glue the story page to the inside of the sheet.
6. Glue the cover page on the top.
7. Tada! Your story book is ready.
Make more story books of this kind and keep in the most accessible place of your kid.